Protecting children for violence, exploitation and abuse is an integral component of protecting their rights to survival, growth and development. SATF is committed to advocate and support the creation of protective environment for children. Under this category, areas of focus include:
- Programs that provide legal support to MVC especially child-headed-households.
- Programs that advocate for children’s rights
- Initiative that advocate against harmful customs and traditional that affect a girl child.
- Programs that offer psychosocial support and counseling to abused children.
- Community based approaches to protecting children, supporting and strengthening families
This program aims to advocate for children rights at all levels from grassroots to national level. SATF has worked with TAWIFI in Handeni district, Tanga region and Huruma Women Group (HWG) in Dodoma Municipality in Dodoma region on child protection through trainings. Currently the trust is implementing a Tuwalinde Child protection project in Ruvuma through GSM under the financial support from PEPFAF/AFHR however the Trust has integrated Child protection interventions under all core support interventions.
- Trained 155 caregivers and 50 MVC in the children’s rights
- Established youth councils at ward level in Handeni District, Tanga region.